Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Dinsdale's Festive Faves Day One (Favorite Christmas Albums and Playlists)




 

Since I have been doing my Do You Hear? posts a couple of folks have asked what albums were actually in my heavy and medium rotations around the holidays. Fair question. So, here's the first in a series of posts where I'll share some of my favorite year in, year our Christmas albums and playlists. There won't be much commentary, just what I think is a lot of great seasonal music. Hopefully you'll find some old friends and some new favorites among my selections.

There aren't in anything but rough chronological order as I'm still picking them semi-at random from my library. I don't think I could make a definitive ranking of my faves if I tried (and I have and haven't been able to).


 Frank Sinatra - A Jolly Christmas From Frank Sinatra (1957)


The Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)


Gunter Kallmann Choir - Christmas Sing-In (1970)



Medieval Baebes - Mistletoe and Wine (2003)


Tori Amos - Midwinter Graces (2009)


Poema  - Once a Year (2010)



Sufjan Stevens  - Silver and Gold (2012)


Plus a bonus playlist ....

Christmas Peaceful Piano (Spotify Playlist)


 Check back nearly every day for another set of wonderful tunes...