Monday, November 4, 2019

Yule Logged: Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses, No Time Like Christmas, Dear Secret Santa, Malibu Country






Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses (2019)

I'm a big Jill Wagner fan but this was so dull I had to bail about halfway through. Life’s too short for boring TV movies.

Is it Hallmark? Yes.

Any guest stars? Donna Mills.

Does it look like Christmas? Sure.

Does it sound like Christmas? I guess.

Does it feel like Christmas? Not to me.

Did it make me cry? Nope.

Did I finish it? Nope.

Is it a good movie? Not really.

Is it a good Christmas Movie?  I found it painfully dull but YMMV.





No Time Like Christmas (2019)

Makes Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses look like The Shop Around the Corner. Generic is the kindest thing I can say about it.

Is it Hallmark? No, Lifetime.

Does it look like Christmas? Sure.

Does it sound like Christmas? I guess.

Does it feel like Christmas? Not enough.

Did it make me cry? Nope.

Did I finish it? Nope.

Is it a good movie? Nope.

Is it a good Christmas Movie?  Why waste your time?



Dear Secret Santa (2013)

An above-average cast can’t save us from more formulaic dreck. And to be clear, it’s not the formulaic I’m opposed to, as much as the sub par storytelling, lackluster direction, and lazy production design.

 I had higher hopes for this seeing as it had a good cast and was directed by the same fella who did the watchable Flight Before Christmas. But no.

Is it Hallmark? I don’t think so, watched it on Vidmark app.

Guest Stars? Ernie Hudson, Della Reese, Bill Cobbs

Does it look like Christmas? Superficially

Does it sound like Christmas? Not really.

Does it feel like Christmas? Not to me.

Did it make me cry? Nope.

Did I finish it? For the third time in a row - no.

Is it a good movie? Nope.

Is it a good Christmas Movie? Not my cup of Christmas tea.



Malibu Country - "Merry Malibu Christmas" (S1 E7 2012)

Reba McEntire sitcom comeback attempt from 2012 with Lily Tomlin, Sarah Rue, and Jai Rodriguez. After a decent start, the ratings plunged and there was no second season.

This Christmas episode isn’t terrible and the cast should have been great but the writing just isn’t there and the laugh track almost seems ironic.

Christmas Episode or Special? Episode

Am I familiar with the series? Nope

Is it Christmassy? Meh, despite revolving around singing at a Christmas Eve service.

Would I Rewatch? No.