Friday, November 15, 2019

Yule Logged: Midsomer Murders, Disney’s DuckTales, The Swan Princess Christmas



Midsomer Murders - The Christmas Haunting (2013)

Solid episode that highlights the British tradition of telling ghost stories at Christmas.  A murder during a ghost tour darkens the festive spirit in the village of Morton Shallows and Inspector Barnaby and his new DS are on the case.

Christmas Episode or Special? Episode

Am I familiar with the series? Very

Is it Christmassy? Enough, it’ a murder mystery first, Christmas episode second. 

Would I Rewatch? I’ve seen it before and I’ll probably watch it again in a few years.




Disney’s DuckTales - The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverrest (2017)

Takes place at Christmastime but a winter-themed, not Christmas, themed, episode

Christmas Episode or Special? Neither

Am I familiar with the series? Not the reboot

Is it Christmassy? No, but it’s very wintery.

Would I Rewatch? Probably, if I get grand kids.




Disney’s DuckTales - Last Christmas (2018)

Starting out with a festive take on the theme song,. This is most definitely a Christmas episode, an irreverent riff on A Christmas Carol.

Christmas Episode or Special? Episode

Am I familiar with the series? I saw the above episode so I’m pretty much an expert.

Is it Christmassy? Yes

Would I Rewatch? Sure, at some point.




The Swan Princess Christmas (2012)

 Apparently, part of a fairly large series of direct to VOD (I assume) that I’m entirely unfamiliar with. I don’t think I’ve been missing anything. 90’s video game quality animation, voice work is OK but there’s an awful lot of kissing in the first few minutes. I didn’t last long but I suppose a little kid with might like it.